Table of Contents
- Setting up and using the Braze integration
- Amplitude Engage
The Braze / Amplitude integration is only available for Growth and Enterprise customers.
This integration combines Amplitude's analytics with Braze's mobile marketing automation tools. This will allow you to export Behavioral Cohorts from Amplitude to Braze so that you can better engage your users. Alternatively, you can use Braze's Currents feature to export event data from Braze to Amplitude.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Currently, we do not support handling anonymous users with this integration. You will have to set a User ID for your users in order to identify them between Amplitude and Braze. More information about setting up a User ID system can be found here.
Braze provides marketing engagement automation that allows you to engage your users through multiple channels such as in-app, push, email, web, and more. Using this integration will enable your marketing and growth teams to drive user engagement.
Setting up and using the integration
Behavioral Cohorts Export
1. Sign up for an Amplitude and a Braze account. Amplitude's Quick Start Guide will walk you through how to set up your Amplitude organization and create your first project. To create a Braze account, visit their website.
2. Input Braze API key. First, retrieve an Amplitude/Braze API Key from the Amplitude Import Integration page on the Braze Dashboard.
Then, in your Amplitude project's Settings page, paste this key into the integration module.
3. Save. Enter the Braze API key and choose the appropriate Braze Rest Endpoint. Click Save. You should now see the "Status" change to "Active".
4. Create Behavioral Cohort. To export users from Amplitude to Braze, first create the cohort of users you wish to export. You can read more about the different types of cohorts you can create in Amplitude here.
5. Export to Braze. Once you have created the cohort, click the "Export" button to export these users to Braze. You can then go into Braze and use their features on these users.
6. Finding the Cohort In Braze. Once you have exported the cohort to Braze, you can create a segment in Braze that includes the cohort. When creating a segment, add a filter with the following value:
Amplitude Cohorts includes <segment name>.
This will restrict the segment to the users in the cohort.
Braze also offers a feature called Braze Currents that allows you to export data from Braze in realtime to Amplitude. Any events you send from Braze to Amplitude will count towards your Amplitude event volume quota. For more information on how to set up and utilize this integration, see Braze's Currents documentation here.
Note: Currents comes included with certain Braze packages. Please contact your Braze Customer Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like access.
The Amplitude Engage product add-on (formerly known as Advanced Cohort Sync) lets you automatically send behavioral audiences to ad networks, marketing automation tools, and personalization engines so you can better tailor campaigns and product experiences.
With the Amplitude Engage, you can set up your behavioral cohort to sync automatically with Braze on an hourly and/or daily basis so that your audiences are receiving the right marketing message at the right time. If you’re interested in learning more about this add-on, visit this page or reach out to your customer success manager.
If you would like to set up a cohort to sync with Braze on a daily/hourly basis, go to the cohort that you would like to sync, and click "Advanced Preferences." This will bring up a dialog that allows you to enable hourly or daily syncing, and also to disable syncing for a synced cohort.
When a cohort is synced, a notification will appear at the top of the cohort. This shows the sync frequency and the last synced time, as well as a manual "Sync Now" button.