This article will help you:
Govern Add-On —formerly Taxonomy (SCHEMA)—is a paid add-on, available to Growth and Enterprise customers that gives instrumentation managers complete control over their instrumentation, and end-users more confidence and clarity in their data. You can find Govern Add-On taxonomy features in the Govern section (Govern —> [choose a project]).
NOTE: Each project has its own schema configuration.
Before you begin
- Familiarize yourself with Govern features here. This article focuses on the Govern Add-On and Taxonomy-related features.
- You must be a Manager or Admin to make changes to events and the Schema.
- The Schema features available for Starter plans include adding event descriptions, editing display names, and categorizing events. Users on Starter plans can also export their event schema.
- Growth and Enterprise customers who purchase Govern Add-On have access to the Schema Initialization, Instrumentation planning, Data Validation and Transformations features.
- Taxonomy API, which can help you programmatically maintain your event schema, is also available to Scholarship, Growth, and Enterprise plans. See article here for more details.
Use Govern Add-On to take control of your data management
Govern Add-On gives you additional features to make use of the Schema to plan events and properties, validate your data, and transform your data. For instructions on how to perform these tasks, just click on the links below.
- Initialize the Schema
- Plan events and properties
- Set or change a property's data type
- Configure Schema settings to handle Schema violations
- View validation errors
- Bulk edit your Schema
- Bulk Approve and Block Events and Properties
- Transformations: retroactively modify your event data
- Derived Properties