You can access the Settings page by clicking the icon. Any user within your organization can access this page, but settings can only be changed by organization admins and managers. Within the Settings page, you can navigate between organization-level settings, your own personal Amplitude settings, and more.
From the Settings page, you can:
- Create organizations and projects
- Manage users and assign permissions
- View the usage reports dashboard
- Specify who should receive notification emails, and at what frequency (if you're an admin), or enable notifications for yourself
- Manage user privacy notifications (if you're an admin)
- Manage settings for your identity provider, SSO, and provisioning (if you're an admin)
- Control access to content your organization generates in Amplitude (if you're an admin)
For more information on each of these tasks, just follow the links to the relevant Help Center articles.
This article will describe the features and information available on the General page, and under the My Settings section.
General settings information
The General page shows your organization's name, org ID, org URL, and plan type.
Growth and Enterprise customers will also see some additional information, including the contract start and end date, the event limit (event volume quota), events seen this month, and events seen last month. This will help you track your event volume usage from within Amplitude itself.
Only admins can see event quota alerts. They'll receive email alerts when event volume hits 80%, 90%, 100%, and 110% of the event quota.
Your profile page displays information specific to you. You can also set up and manage your Slack integration here, as well as set certain preferences.
The Profile panel shows your organization, role, email, name, and password associated with your Amplitude account. Click Edit Profile to change your display name or update your password.
The Site Settings panel includes a series of toggles you can use to customize your Amplitude experience. They are mostly self-explanatory.
The "Always Remove Leading Spaces from Export” option tells Amplitude to delete any empty spaces from the beginnings of cells in an export .CSV. With the default setting, these spaces are left in place, which can result in messy data, or more significant data errors. This setting works for positive values, but not for values that start with or are
If you do keep this option disabled, you should remove these spaces later in Excel or Google Sheets, using the Text to Columns feature.
Please see our Help Center article about how to manage your Slack integration in Amplitude for more details.
NOTE: Email notifications are only available to customers on Enterprise or Growth plans.
Email notifications tab allows you to change your email notification settings for Amplitude's collaboration features. Here, you can enable or disable email notifications for the following:
- Mentioned in a Comment: This will send you an email when you are mentioned in a comment.
- Received a Comment: This will send you an email when someone comments on one of your charts or dashboards.
- Content Added to Team Space: This will send you an email when content is added to a Team Space you belong to.
- Release Analysis: This will send you an email when you release a new version of your app.
- Added as an Owner: This will send you an email when you are made an owner of chart, dashboard or notebook.
- Usage of Your Content: This will send you an email when another user adds your analysis to a dashboard, notebook or team space you do not belong to.
- Shared with: This will send you an email when a chart is shared with you.
Year in review
The Year in Review provides a high-level summary of your activity during the selected year. It summarizes your work based on number of active days, queries you have run, and charts and dashboards you've created. It also includes a quick summary of the top followers of your content, as well as the top authors of content you followed.
To log out from your current Amplitude organization, click Log Out in the bottom-left corner of your screen.