You can access the Settings page in the left bottom corner. Only organization admins and managers can access this page. Within the Settings page you can navigate between My Settings, Org Settings and more. If you like to learn more about project settings, you can find more information in the Manage Data article.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Developer Center
- Dashboard Subscriptions (Enterprise)
- Public Links (Enterprise)
- Year in Review
- Team Members
- Email Notifications (Enterprise)
- User Privacy Notification
- Usage Reports (Enterprise and Growth)
Creating an Organization
Amplitude organizes projects and users in 'organizations'. If you are the first person in your company to sign up for an account, you should create an organization using your company name.
If you wish to change your organization name or url, please send a request from our Support page support.amplitude.com with your Org ID, new organization name and new organization url.
Joining an Organization
If your company has already created an organization, then wait for an admin to add you so you can access your company's projects.
To see your organization's users, you should select "Team Members" in the left sidebar. To navigate to your project's settings, you should select "Manage Data" in the left bottom corner. Likewise, if you are an admin and need to view admin information you should go to the General page. If you are an admin or a manager and you are interested in seeing how users in your organization are utilizing Amplitude, then you can visit the "Usage Reports" tab.
The profile box shows you your Organization, Role, Email, Name, and Password associated with your Amplitude account. You can click "EDIT" in the top right corner to change your display name as well as update your password.
Here you will find Amplitude’s developer documentation. This guide will show you how to start instrumenting your application with Amplitude.
Dashboard Subscriptions (Enterprise)
This box shows all dashboards you have subscribed to via email. You can click into each individual dashboard directly from here, view the owner of the dashboard, change when you receive email reports, and select if you want to have CSV files sent attached to the report. Additionally, on hover you can click on the trashcan icon to remove your subscription to a particular dashboard.
If you are an admin, you will see your own subscriptions as well as all other active subscriptions in your organization. You can delete any of these dashboard subscriptions from this view.
Public Links (Enterprise)
You can manage your shareable links in your organization's settings page under the "Public Links" section. Here, you can click into the original chart, copy the URL, or revoke access to the URL. You can read more about Public Links and how to create them here.
Year in Review
The Year in Review provides a high-level summary of your activity completed during the selected year. It summarizes your work based on number of active days, queries you have run, charts and dashboards made. It also includes a quick summary of who are the top followers of your content and the top authors of content that you followed as well.
At the top of the page you will see an overview of your organization, which includes the number of total users, joined users, pending users and users requesting access. You can add users to the organization to access your projects by clicking the "Invite New Users" button, typing their email into the text box, using the dropdown menu under "Role" to specify their permission level, selecting their default project and optionally adding them to dashboards and teams. Only admins and managers can add/remove users, and you can also add multiple users at once. The default project sets a new user's dropdown menus to that project when they first log into Amplitude. Going forward, the dropdown will switch to whichever last project you have used.
You can also select the team and the dashboards a new user will have pinned by default in your organization. The dashboards that will show up in the dropdown are the 10 dashboards that have been pinned the most within your organization.
In addition to inviting users to the organization, you can also allow Team Members to request access. Team members who want access to Amplitude will be able to request it from the login page, prompting admin approval. To turn this setting on, head to "Advanced Settings" -> Enable "Allow Team Members to Request Access."
An admin or manager can also adjust the user's organization role or permissions with the appropriate dropdown menu located beneath the 'Org Role' column. You can see all of your current users in the "Joined Users" view while the "Pending Users" shows users who have an outstanding invite. Additionally, you can remove users from your organization here as well by hovering over their email and clicking the "Remove" button.
Change Email Address
Currently email address of a user cannot be changed due to it being the unique identifier of user accounts. However, we have recommended the following as a workaround:
- Invite your new email address to your Amplitude organization.
- Create your new Amplitude account with your new email address.
- Log in with your existing email address and transfer ownership of all content to your new email address.
- Remove your old email address from your Amplitude org.
Bulk Transfer Ownership
Bulk Transfer Ownership is a feature that will allow you to transfer ownership of all inventory from one user to another.
You can find this feature any time on the Team Members page on the top right under the button "Bulk Transfer Ownership." You can also transfer content when you are removing a user. When removing a user, simply select the check box on the "Remove Members?" modal and you will be given an option to transfer each removed users' content to another existing user.
- A user's content will need to be transferred BEFORE they are deleted/removed from the org. The ‘Source User’ must be an existing user in Amplitude in order to transfer ownership.
- Once a user’s content has been transferred, their access may be revoked and the user can be deleted.
- The 'Destination User' must have logged into Amplitude at least once prior to the transfer.
- If the ‘Destination User’ doesn’t have access to the project in which the content was created, the new owner will still not have access to the content, despite being the owner of said content. Permissions will NOT transfer. You will need to change these separately.
- Any charts, dashboards, cohorts & notebooks created by the source user will be transferred to the destination user.
- Content can also be transferred post-removal, for situations when an user has been removed whilst still owning content.
Bulk transfer ownership modal on Team Members page:
Dashboards that are marked as "Official" in Settings will appear in sidebars of all users in that organization. This ensures that users have a direction to follow, especially when they log into Amplitude for the first time. We recommend marking your "source of truth" dashboards to be "Official" for other users in your company to easily follow.
Email Notifications (Enterprise)
The Email Notifications tab allows you to change your email notification settings for our collaboration features. Here, you can enable or disable email notifications for the following:
- Mentioned in a Comment: This will send you an email when you are mentioned in a comment.
- Received a Comment: This will send you an email when someone comments on one of your charts or dashboards.
- Content Added to Team Space: This will send you an email when content is added to a Team Space you belong to.
- Release Analysis: This will send you an email when you release a new version of your app.
- Added as an Owner: This will send you an email when you are made an owner of chart, dashboard or notebook.
- Usage of Your Content: This will send you an email when another user adds your analysis to a dashboard, notebook or Team Space you do not belong to.
- Shared with: This will send you an email when a chart is shared with you.
User Privacy Notification
In order to comply with GDPR and other user privacy regulations, Amplitude send emails when we receive and process user data deletion requests. See the User Privacy Notification Administration article to learn more.
Organization admins can use this page to view plan and event information. Amplitude currently has three available plans: Starter (Free), Growth, and Enterprise. Upgrading to the Enterprise plan gives access to the following additional features: Behavioral Cohorts, custom integration, and visualization compatibility. You also have the option to upgrade your plan or update your payment information on this page.
Only Admins are able to configure SSO in Amplitude. We have standard integrations with Auth0, G Suite, Microsoft Azure Active Directory, OneLogin and Okta for SSO but should work with any SAML 2.0 compliant provider. Click on your specific identify provider listed above to step through the process of SSO integration.
To set up an SSO integration:
- Navigate to Single Sign-On under ORG SETTINGS.
- Select your SAML Identify Provider (Auth0, G Suite, Microsoft Azure Active Directory, OneLogin, Okta, or Other).
- If Other is selected, either upload SAML metadata file (XML) or provide the URL path to the file.
- Copy the Entity ID and the Assertion Consumer Service URL to configure your identify provider configuration.
- Set the Access Rules for requiring SSO and JIT Provisioning.
Event Quota Alerts (Enterprise)
If you are an Enterprise or Growth customer, then the Org Settings tab will show some additional information regarding your contract as well as your event volume quota. This will help you track your event volume usage right within the product. The top section will display your contract start and end date, your event limit, events seen this month, and events seen last month.
Email alerts will be sent to Admins at 80/90/100/110% of event quotas.
Usage Reports (Enterprise and Growth)
If you are an Enterprise and Growth customer and are an organization admin or manager, then there will be another tab called "Usage Reports". This tab will show you several usage reports and contains useful information about how users within your organization are utilizing Amplitude. The top box will show you the total number of users that have been invited to your organization, the number of joined users, pending users, dashboards, charts, cohorts, and shared links created.
The next two panels will show you your weekly active users and total queries run in the last 12 weeks.
Finally, the last two panels will show you the top 10 most active users as well as the most popular events performed by the users in your organization in the last 30 days.