You can access the Settings page in the left bottom corner. All roles can access this page, but only organization admins and managers can edit settings. Within the Settings page you can navigate between Org Settings, My Settings, and more.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Org Settings
- Team Members
- Usage Reports (Enterprise and Growth)
- Single Sign-On (Enterprise)
- User Privacy Notification
- Manage Content Access
- My Settings
Creating an Organization
Amplitude organizes projects and users in 'organizations'. If you are the first person in your company to sign up for an account, you should create an organization using your company name. You can create a free account here.
If you wish to change your organization name or url, please send a request from our Support page support.amplitude.com with your Org ID, new organization name and new organization url.
Joining an Organization
If your company has already created an organization, then wait for an Admin to add you so you can access your company's projects.
The General page shows your organization's Name, Org ID, Org URL, and Plan type.
If you are an Growth or Enterprise customer, then the Org Settings tab will show some additional information regarding your contract, including your event volume quota. This will help you track your event volume usage right within the product. The top section will display your contract start and end date, your event limit, events seen this month, and events seen last month.
Only Admins can view Event Quota Alerts. Email alerts will be sent to Admins at 80/90/100/110% of event quotas.
You can go into each project's individual settings by clicking on the project's name.
Change the name and description of your project by clicking on its name.
Session Property allows you to select an event or user property as a custom session property to group events by.
If you have the Scale add-on, you will see a "Sampling" option. See here for more details.
"Export Data" allows you to download a zipped archive of JSON files over the specified time range.
To archive the project, click Archive, in the top right of the page.
- Project ID: This is the project ID for the project.
- API Key: Your API key, used for calling our APIs.
- Secret Key: Your project's secret key, used for calling our APIs.
- Session Property: The value currently being used to group events for sessions-based charts. The default setting is 'Session ID'. You can customize the session property and choose to group sessions by an event or user property instead. If you want to mark an event as out-of-session, then you can do this by not setting a value for your custom session property for that event. Events without a value for your custom session property will not be included in the User Sessions or Pathfinder charts.
- Time Zone: Allows you to modify the time zone data is displayed in on charts in the platform, and Amplitude will shift the timestamps of the events to match the set time zone. The default time zone Amplitude uses is UTC (Universal Time Coordinated). The set time zone will impact all Amplitude users and queries, which includes the Dashboard Rest API. It will not affect the HTTP API or your raw data, as event ingestion will continue to be in UTC.
- Weeks Starts On: Define the day when the week starts on
- Quarter Start In: Define the month when the quarter starts
- User Downloads: Enable or disable Download Users feature in Microscope
- Event Types: Your project's current distinct count of event types sent to Amplitude.
- Event Properties: Your project's current distinct count of event properties sent to Amplitude.
- User Properties: Your project's current distinct count of user properties being sent to Amplitude.
- Events This Month: Number of events your project has sent to Amplitude this month.
- Events Last Month: Number of events your project has sent to Amplitude last month.
View all Annotations in your project here. Use this page to add, remove, and edit annotations easily.
If you have purchased the Insights add-on, then you will also have an Insights tab under Projects. In the Insights tab, you can bulk manage your automatic and custom monitors.
At the top of the page you will see an overview of your organization, which includes the number of total users, joined users, pending users and users requesting access.
Invite New Users
Only admins and managers can add/remove users, and you can also add multiple users at once. You can add users to the organization to access your projects by clicking the "Invite New Users" button.
- Select Users: Type the new user's email into the text box and use the dropdown menu under "Role" to specify their permission level. Select a default project and optionally add them to dashboards and teams.
- Assign Access (Enterprise only with Groups enabled): Specify permission levels for the user(s) by selecting a group to or by assigning individual project permissions. If you’ve assigned the user(s) to a group in step one, then you will not be able to downgrade permissions in step two.
- Set Up Content: Select a Team Space to add the new user to.
- Review: Review invites and send
The default project sets a new user's dropdown menus to that project when they first log into Amplitude. Going forward, the dropdown will switch to whichever last project you have used. You can also select the team and the dashboards a new user will have pinned by default in your organization. The dashboards that will show up in the dropdown are the 10 dashboards that have been pinned the most within your organization.
Allow Team Members to Request Access
In addition to inviting users to the organization, you can also allow Team Members to request access. Team members who want access to Amplitude will be able to request it from the login page, prompting admin approval. To turn this setting on, head to "Advanced Settings" -> Enable "Allow Team Members to Request Access."
An admin or manager can also adjust the user's organization role or permissions with the appropriate dropdown menu located beneath the 'Org Role' column. You can see all of your current users in the "Joined Users" view while the "Pending Users" shows users who have an outstanding invite. Additionally, you can remove users from your organization here as well by hovering over their email and clicking the "Remove" button.
FAQ: How do I Change My Email Address?
Currently email address of a user cannot be changed due to it being the unique identifier of user accounts. However, we have recommended the following as a workaround:
- Invite your new email address to your Amplitude organization.
- Create your new Amplitude account with your new email address.
- Log in with your existing email address and transfer ownership of all content to your new email address.
- Remove your old email address from your Amplitude org.
Bulk Transfer Ownership
Bulk Transfer Ownership is a feature that will allow you to transfer ownership of all inventory from one user to another.
To transfer ownership, navigate to Settings> Team Members and click "Bulk Transfer Ownership" at the top of the page. You can also transfer content when you are removing a user. When removing a user, simply select the check box on the "Remove Members?" modal and you will be given an option to transfer each removed users' content to another existing user.
- A user's content will need to be transferred BEFORE they are deleted/removed from the org. The ‘Source User’ must be an existing user in Amplitude in order to transfer ownership.
- Once a user’s content has been transferred, their access may be revoked and the user can be deleted.
- The 'Destination User' must have logged into Amplitude at least once prior to the transfer.
- If the ‘Destination User’ doesn’t have access to the project in which the content was created, the new owner will still not have access to the content, despite being the owner of said content. Permissions will NOT transfer. You will need to change these separately.
- Any charts, dashboards, cohorts & notebooks created by the source user will be transferred to the destination user.
- Content can also be transferred post-removal, for situations when an user has been removed whilst still owning content.
- Only organization Admin users can Bulk Transfer Ownership.
Bulk transfer ownership modal on Team Members page:
Group Management (Enterprise)
For more information on Permissions Groups and group management, please see this article here.
Usage Reports (Enterprise and Growth)
Enterprise and Growth customers have access to the Usage Reports tab. Here you'll find detailed information and visualizations about how users within your organization are utilizing Amplitude. For more information on Usage Reports, just click here to read our Help Center article.
Single Sign-On (Enterprise)
Only Admins are able to configure SSO in Amplitude. We have standard integrations with Auth0, G Suite, Microsoft Azure Active Directory, OneLogin and Okta for SSO but should work with any SAML 2.0 compliant provider. Click on your specific identify provider listed above to step through the process of SSO integration.
For more information on setting up Single Sign-On (SSO), please see here:
User Privacy Notification
In order to comply with GDPR and other user privacy regulations, Amplitude send emails when we receive and process user data deletion requests. See the User Privacy Notification Administration article to learn more.
Manage Content Access
Public Links (Enterprise and Growth)
You can manage your organization's public links in your Settings page under the "Public Links" section. Here, you can click into the original chart, copy the URL, or revoke access to the URL. You can read more about Public Links and how to create them here.
Public link permissions (Enterprise only)
On this page you can also control whether your users are required to set a password and/or expiration date when creating a public link. When setting an expiration, you can control how long public links are allowed to exist before expiring. For example, if you choose "30 days", this will ensure your members are not able to create links that expire in more than 30 days.
Even if you do not require passwords or expirations, your members may choose to set either when creating a public link.
Dashboard Subscriptions (Enterprise and Growth)
This box shows all dashboards you have subscribed to via email. You can click into each individual dashboard directly from here, view the owner of the dashboard, change when you receive email reports, and select if you want to have CSV files sent attached to the report. Additionally, on hover you can click on the trashcan icon to remove your subscription to a particular dashboard.
If you are an admin, you will see your own subscriptions as well as all other active subscriptions in your organization. You can delete any of these dashboard subscriptions from this view.
The profile box shows you your Organization, Role, Email, Name, and Password associated with your Amplitude account. You can click "EDIT" in the top right corner to change your display name as well as update your password.
Email Notifications (Enterprise and Growth)
The Email Notifications tab allows you to change your email notification settings for our collaboration features. Here, you can enable or disable email notifications for the following:
- Mentioned in a Comment: This will send you an email when you are mentioned in a comment.
- Received a Comment: This will send you an email when someone comments on one of your charts or dashboards.
- Content Added to Team Space: This will send you an email when content is added to a Team Space you belong to.
- Release Analysis: This will send you an email when you release a new version of your app.
- Added as an Owner: This will send you an email when you are made an owner of chart, dashboard or notebook.
- Usage of Your Content: This will send you an email when another user adds your analysis to a dashboard, notebook or Team Space you do not belong to.
- Shared with: This will send you an email when a chart is shared with you.
Year in Review
The Year in Review provides a high-level summary of your activity completed during the selected year. It summarizes your work based on number of active days, queries you have run, charts and dashboards made. It also includes a quick summary of who are the top followers of your content and the top authors of content that you followed as well.
Here you will find Amplitude’s developer documentation. This guide will show you how to start instrumenting your application with Amplitude.
Click "Create Organization" to start a new organization. Note that in general, it is recommended that you create more Projects, not Organizations. Creating a new project and sending data to a new API Key does not require creating a new organization. For example, if you now wanted to instrument your Android app in Amplitude after instrumenting your iOS app, then you should go to the Projects page and create a new project from there. You should not create an entirely separate organization for your Android app.
Logs you out from the current Amplitude organization.