This article will help you:
- Find charts, dashboards, notebooks and cohorts created by others in your organization
- Filter your search results
- View non-discoverable items
Amplitude's Search feature is a handy and simple way to locate charts, dashboard, and cohorts created by other members of your organization. Amplitude will generate results in real time as you make changes to your search parameters.
NOTE: Items set by their owners to be non-discoverable will not turn up in search results, unless you are a manager or admin.
Search for charts, dashboards, cohorts, and notebooks
- In the top navigation bar, click the Search icon.
- In the Search field above the drop-down, enter the word or phrase you'd like to search for. Or scroll through the pre-populated list for the item you want. Items are listed in order of most recent edits.
- To sort your results by either the date they were last edited, or by the total number of views, click Advanced Search. Select your preference from the drop-down menu at the top of the list of results.
- To add a filter, click Advanced Search or the filter icon inside the Search box. In the Filter By section, set up any filters you'd like to include in this search. Your options include:
- Limiting your search to archived items only
- Limiting your search to official content only
- Limiting your search to templates only
- The space the item belongs to
- Type of item (chart, cohort, dashboard, experiment, flag, or notebook)
- The editor, or creator, of the item
- The project the item belongs to
- The last edited date in which the item was last edited (in the last week, last month, last year, or any time)
- Click on any item in the list of results to open it.
NOTE: Dashboards and cohorts that have been marked as "official" via the Official Content feature will appear with .
View hidden items (admin or manager only)
Admins and managers can find items that have been set by their owners to be non-discoverable through search. To do so, type
is:unlisted in the search box. You will then be able to see all unlisted items for the entire organization.
Check out our article on user permissions in Amplitude to learn more.