This article will help you:
Some of the most valuable analyses are the result of collaborations among teammates. Spaces help product teams subscribe to and organize analyses shared in Amplitude.
Every saved piece of content must live in a space. By default, content is saved into your personal workspace. You can also choose to move them into a shared space.
Content can only be saved to one location, but you can create shortcuts to that content in other spaces.
Your personal space
By default, any content you create will be saved to your own personal space, which you can access by clicking on your name in the left-hand sidebar. Here you'll find all your charts, notebooks, dashboards, folders, and archives, unless you opt to save them into a different space.
Your personal workspace and the folders within it are not visible to other people in your organization. Team members can still search for any content you've designated as discoverable, via Amplitude’s search feature (assuming they have project permissions to view it), and you can still share links to content that are located inside your personal workspace.
Click on a piece of content to open and edit it. To move, rename, archive, or pin a piece of content, check the box next to the content's name and click the appropriate button in the toolbar at the top of the list.
Create a new folder
Folders are a convenient way to group related content together in a single, easily-viewable spot. To create a folder in a space, follow these steps:
- Navigate to your space and click New Folder.
- In the modal that appears, give your folder a name and click Create folder.
- Add content to your folder now, if you want. You can also do that later.
Create a space
To create a space, follow these steps:
- Click Starred Spaces in the left-hand sidebar. This will bring up the Browse Spaces panel.
- Click + Create Space.
- Enter a name for your space, as well as a description, in the appropriate fields.
- In the Members field, select everyone who you want to join your new space. When you've finished, click Create space.
NOTE: Users with admin, manager, and member-level permissions can create a space.
We recommend using naming conventions for your space that are recognizable throughout the organization, so that others can easily understand what the team space is all about.
A space can reuse a previously-used name for a new project, provided the previous project was deleted.
Join an existing space
To subscribe to an existing space, open the Starred Spaces panel, scroll down until you find the space you're looking for, and click Join.
When you join a space, Amplitude stars it automatically and adds it to your left navigation. You can un-star a space and remove it from your navigation by clicking the star icon on the space itself.
Move content to a new space
As mentioned above, each piece of content can only be saved to a single space. You can move content to a new space by following these steps:
- Navigate to the space where the content is saved and check the box next to its name.
- In the menu bar above the content list, click Move. A navigational fly-out panel will open.
- Navigate to the space or folder you want, or create a new space or folder. Then click Move.
Create a shortcut
A shortcut is a way to add content to multiple spaces and folders. Anyone can create a shortcut to a piece of content, but only an owner of the original content can move the original to a new space.
- Open a piece of content you'd like to share to multiple spaces.
- Click the icon, next to the space name at the top. A navigational fly-out panel will open.
- Navigate to the space or folder you want, or create a new space or folder. Then click Add Shortcut.
Invite a coworker to a space
Anyone in your organization can be invited to a team space. Once added, that person will be subscribed to email updates when new content is added, and have the space pinned to their sidebar navigation.
To add a teammate, click Invite, then select their name from the drop-down list. Amplitude will immediately invite them to the dashboard.
When you connect spaces to specific Slack channels, you'll receive notifications whenever your team creates new analyses. When new content gets added to that team space in Amplitude, it will automatically be posted in the Slack channel.
To do this, select Connect with Slack from the More drop-down menu. Then follow the prompts.
To learn more about our Slack integration, see our Help Center article on integrating Slack with Amplitude.
While only Admins, Managers, and Members can create a team space, all users can add themselves to spaces, regardless of permission level.
By default, Admins, Managers, and Members can all add content, invite users to the space, and delete a space. Admins and Managers also have the option to manage the space permissions to specify which roles have permissions to add content, invite users, and delete a space.