Table of Contents
- About Iterable
- How to Set up and Use the Integration
Note: This integration is Growth and Enterprise only.
Through the bidirectional Amplitude-Iterable integration, Amplitude can now automatically ingest Iterable’s campaign metrics to better understand how users engage across all channels, and how this engagement affects their usage down-funnel within your app or website. Amplitude users can then identify and sync Behavioral Cohorts back to Iterable to achieve personalized messaging.
Iterable is the growth marketing platform that enables brands to create, execute and optimize campaigns to power world-class customer engagement across email, push, SMS, in-app and more with unparalleled data flexibility.
How to Set up and Use the Integration
This guide is complementary to Iterable's instructions here. Please check out the linked help center page for more details.
Sending Engagement Events from Iterable to Amplitude
user_id value will map to Iterable’s
userId. If Amplitude’s
user_id does not match with Iterable’s
userId, events will not be sent to the correct user profile on Amplitude. Null userId values are also ignored, which means that anonymous user events will not be sent to Amplitude.
- Identify your Amplitude project's API key. Found in your project settings here.
- Reach out to your Iterable CSM for your Iterable authentication token. Also ask your Iterable CSM to turn on the feature flag that enables userId's in system webhooks.
- On your Iterable instance, click on "Integrations" --> "Webhooks" --> "+CREATE WEBOOK".
- Once you have the "+CREATE WEBOOK" module has popped up, you must:
- Enter https://api.amplitude.com/iterable as the Endpoint URL.
- Select "Basic" as the Auth Type.
- Enter both your Amplitude's project API key and Iterable authentication key in the following format:
- Within the webhook you just created, scroll all the way right and click "Edit":
- Check off all of the engagement events (i.e. "Triggered Send", "Blast Send", etc.) you want Iterable to automatically send to Amplitude.
- Check off "Enabled". Events will only start sending if you've checked off "Enabled".
Once this setup has been completed, new engagement events will start sending to your Amplitude project!
Exporting and Syncing Behavioral Cohorts from Amplitude to Iterable
Note: Amplitude’s user_id value will map to Iterable’s userId. If
user_id does not match with
userId, a dummy placeholder email address will be generated by Iterable.
- Identify your Iterable API key, which be found under "Integrations" --> "API Keys".
- Add the Iterable API key in Amplitude’s Advanced tab under "Integrations" --> "Iterable".
- Create and save a Behavioral Cohort. Once this has been saved, you'll be able to sync the cohort to Iterable. Please note that users who do not already exist on Iterable will receive a dummy placeholder email address. Only
user_idis sent to Iteable, which will map with Iterable's
- Find the synced Behavioral Cohort under Iterable's user list. The cohort's name will be prefixed with "[Amplitude]".