Table of Contents
This integration combines Amplitude's analytics with SendGrid's email delivery into one unified system. Use this integration to send your SendGrid data to Amplitude, which will allow you to share all user data in real-time and allow non-technical product and marketing team members to synthesize your marketing and communication efforts with user behavior and product analytics.
SendGrid is a cloud-based customer communication platform that drives engagement and business growth through email delivery. Send your SendGrid message events into Amplitude to attribute results because of the marketing and communication efforts!
NOTE: By default, Sendgrid will send events with email as the user id. If you use a different key, then you will want to attach a unique_arg to all of your email events called “amp_user_id” and assign the Amplitude user id to that value. Then we will send events with that value as the user id.
How to Set up and the Integration
- In SendGrid, find Settings in the left panel and click on Mail Settings.
- Select "Event Webhook":
- Under “HTTP Post URL” enter:
https://<your-api-key>:CJdAK9fWEn4dH2UzKht37sAM@api.amplitude.com/sendgridand replace <your-api-key> with the Amplitude API Key for your project.
- Select the event data you want to send to Amplitude.
- Toggle the Event Webhook Status to Enabled and click Save to complete setup.
- Your selected events should now be sent to Amplitude! Sendgrid event names in Amplitude will be prepended with the prefix "[Sendgrid]" and the Library will be "sendgrid".