Table of Contents
This integration combines Amplitude's analytics with SendGrid's email delivery into one unified system. Using this integration will allow you to share all user data in real-time and allow non-technical product and marketing team members to synthesize your marketing and communication efforts with user behavior and product analytics.
By default, Sendgrid will send events with email as the user id. If you use a different key, then you will want to attach a unique_arg to all of your email events called “amp_user_id” and assign the Amplitude user id to that value. Then we will send events with that value as the user id.
SendGrid is a cloud-based customer communication platform that drives engagement and business growth through email delivery. Send your SendGrid message events into Amplitude to attribute results because of the marketing and communication efforts!
How to Set up and Use the Integration
- Click on “Mail Settings” under the “Settings” panel
- Click on the dropdown for “Event Notification” and click “edit”
- Under “HTTP POST URL” enter https://<your-api-key>:CJdAK9fWEn4dH2UzKht37sAM@api.amplitude.com/sendgrid using the Amplitude API Key for your project
- Select the actions you want sent to Amplitude and turn the switch to turn it on. Press the green checkmark
- Now events should be sent to Amplitude!