This feature is currently in Beta.
Do you already have data in Adobe and would like to use Amplitude to run analyses on it? Using this feature you would be able connect an Adobe Analytics data export feed to Amplitude without any engineering work.
Integrating Adobe Analytics with Amplitude’s ability to dive deeper into customer and product data, give your data governors more self-service control, and connect customer behavior across devices and channels. With Amplitude’s new Adobe integration, your teams can go beyond single-device pageview data and easily see a detailed, cross-platform view of all customer behavior.
Additionally, the integration gives your team better visibility into how raw data comes into your analytics system from various sources—visibility that comes in handy for not only planning and analyzing data, but also maintaining control, compliance, and privacy of data.
What You Will Learn in This Article
This article will help guide you through the process of ingesting data from Adobe to Amplitude. At a high level, there are a 3 steps that need to be followed:
- Getting Started: Adobe has an S3 export mechanism within Adobe Analytics. We give information to the customer as to what information to put into Adobe so that the data gets sent to an Amazon S3 bucket.
- Initialize Data Feed: Walks you through steps on how to Create a Data Feed in Adobe.
- Enable Data Source: Name the data source
- This feature is currently available on the Enterprise, Growth, and Scholarship plans.
- [Optional] Blog post: Adobe and Amplitude
- [Optional] Data Taxonomy Playbook
Step By Step instructions
Step 1: Add Adobe as a Data Source in Amplitude. To do so:
- If needed, create a new project for the Adobe Analytics data source.
- Navigate to Sources & Destinations
- Select Add Data Source
- Choose Adobe Analytics.
Step 2: At this step, there are instructions on how to Initialize Data Feed in Adobe and how to generate S3 credentials.
Adobe Data Feed allows you to export raw data out of Adobe Analytics. With Data Feed, you can connect and sync data to Amplitude on a daily or hourly basis.
Step 3: Enable Data Source. Add a name for this Data Source and mark it as active.
The Adobe Analytics data source will be showing in your list of Data Sources.
To see the daily Events Uploaded, click on the Adobe Analytics data source. A chart as the following will be shown.
How does Amplitude map the data sent from Adobe?
event_type:we look up the events int he Adobe event list against a lookup table that defines the event names
postvisidhighor if not available,
device_id: we use
- Only data that is recorded in Adobe as custom events
- User properties are not synced.
- Data comes in with the Adobe field names (eg. event1, event2, event3...), thus we advice customers to add display names for the events in Project Advanced settings.