With Amplitude's Adobe Analytics integration, you can export your Adobe Analytics data directly to Amplitude, without any engineering work. Dive deeper into your Adobe-generated customer and product data, give your data governors more self-service control, and connect customer behavior across devices and channels. Your teams can go beyond single-device pageview data and easily see a detailed, cross-platform view of all customer behavior.
This integration also gives your team better visibility into how raw data comes into your analytics system from various sources—visibility that comes in handy for not only planning and analyzing data, but also maintaining control, compliance, and privacy.
This article will help guide you through the process of ingesting Adobe data into Amplitude.
Before you begin
This feature is currently available to customers on the Enterprise, Growth, and Scholarship plans.
You might want to read this blog post on how Adobe and Amplitude work together. You may also want to go over our Data Taxonomy Playbook before getting started.
Set up and use the integration
To integrate Amplitude with Adobe Analytics, follow these steps:
- Open or create the project where you'd like to use your Adobe Analytics data. Then click Data Sources.
- Scroll down and click I want to import data into Amplitude.
- Click the Adobe Analytics tile.
- On the Getting Started tab, read the explanation of how your data will be mapped from Adobe to Amplitude. Then click Next >.
- On the Initialize Data Feed tab, read and follow the instructions you find there. These instructions cover the steps to create the data feed, as well as explanations of the specific information required to link Adobe and Amplitude. Be sure to scroll all the way down.
When you're done, click Next >.
- On the Enable Data Source tab, enter a name and description for this data source, and confirm your event mapping preferences.
When you're done, click Save Source. Then click Finish.
You should now see Adobe Analytics in your list of data sources.
To view the daily events uploaded chart, click on the Adobe Analytics data source.
How does Amplitude map the data sent from Adobe?
event_type,Amplitude looks up the events in the Adobe event list and compares it to a lookup table where the event names are defined.
postvisidhighor, if that's not available,
device_id: Amplitude uses
- User properties are not synced in this integration.
- Amplitude receives data with the Adobe field names (eg. event1, event2, event3...). For that reason, we advise customers to add display names for events in Project Advanced settings.