AWS AppFlow tackles a significant challenge in enterprises’ data strategy: data silos and accessibility. Today, enterprises have highly complex data ecosystems comprised of databases, data warehouses, data lakes, data stores, data gates, internal third party tools (CDPs, Flexible APIs, Martech, ...) and more. As these data ecosystems grow, it becomes increasingly hard to connect the data sets to understand the complete user journey and product experience. This incomplete or disjointed view ultimately impacts growth and revenue.
AWS AppFlow is a codeless integration for business users that focuses on empowering non-technical users to connect their siloed data sources. AppFlow moves events to be sent between endpoints through streaming, trigger, or batch uploads. This connectivity allows for business users to easily send data to and from their separate data sets in a code free way.
With 14 launch partners —Amplitude, Salesforce, Marketo, Zendesk, Google Analytics, Snowflake, Slack, ServiceNow, Info Nexus, Dynatrace, Data Dog, Trend Micro, Veeva Systems, Singular, S3 and Redshift—AWS AppFlow will allow business users to easily send data between different applications. AppFlow will continue to grow its integration ecosystem, adding new partners and capabilities. Updates can be found here.
The flexibility and usability of AppFlow will ultimately drive value for technical and business users in the following ways:
- Improve flexibility and data collection capabilities to support new data use cases
- Improve reliability and strength of data ecosystem connectivity to sustain scale
- Lower connectivity costs to sustain scale
- Improve security by leveraging private links and connecting data behind a firewall
- Empower accessibility through self-serve, code free data connections
- Drive better decisions, and therefore improve revenue and growth, through have a complete view of users’ lifecycle
Get started with the Amplitude / Amazon integration
This integration is fully supported by AWS. Please reach out to your contact at AWS or reference their documentation on this integration for more info.
- AppFlow will support Amazon S3, Salesforce, Marketo, Zendesk, Slack, ServiceNow, Infor Nexus, Google Analytics, Dynatrace, Data Dog, Amplitude, Trend Micro, Veeva Systems, and Singular as sources
- AppFlow will support Amazon S3, Amazon RedShift, Salesforce, and Snowflake Computing as destinations for flows
- It will also support pre-built data transformations (masking, truncating, formulas, merging, field mapping, validation, filtering, etc.) that can be included in a flow.