The Appcues / Amplitude integration allows you to send hyper-targeted behavioral audiences from Amplitude to Appcues to power tailored in-product onboarding tutorials, tooltips, announcements, promotions, and surveys.
Please take the time to review these prerequisites as it provides important information to keep in mind when first using this feature.
- Note: The Appcues / Amplitude integration is only available for Growth and Enterprise customers.
- An understanding of Amplitude Engage and behavioral cohorts
- An Appcues account
- An Amplitude user property that matches what you’re using for your User ID field in Appcues
How to set it up
In Amplitude, navigate to ‘Manage Data’ (bottom left corner) -> your project -> Advanced (in the left hand nav) -> Integrations (third to last tab)
Click on Appcues to bring up the integration creation modal
- Name: give a name to your AppCues integration
- Account ID: grab your account id (see instructions here)
- Specify the Amplitude user property that you want to map to the Appcues `User ID` field. This should be a property that matches the the `User ID` field in Appcues (e.g. `email`)
Sync a Cohort
- Select the API target to sync to that was setup in the manage integrations page
- Specify the custom field that you want to sync to (This field will automatically get created within AppCues upon sync). This should not contain any quote characters
- Specify the type of sync that you want (one time / scheduled)
In AppCues the cohort will show up as a user property (with the name you provided for the custom field). It will be set to true if a user is in the cohort at the time of sync, and false if they’re not.