Amplitude's Appcues integration allows you to send finely-targeted behavioral audiences from Amplitude to Appcues, where you can use them to power tailored in-product onboarding tutorials, tooltips, announcements, promotions, and surveys.
Before you begin
Before setting up and using this integration, there are a few things you'll need to take care of first. You'll need a basic understanding of the Amplitude Recommend product, especially pertaining to behavioral cohorts. You'll also need an Appcues account, and a user property in Amplitude that matches the User ID field in Appcues.
This integration is only available for customers with Growth or Enterprise plans.
Set up the integration
To set up the integration, follow these steps:
- In Amplitude, navigate to Sources & Destinations —> Destinations tab —> Add More Destinations.
- Click Appcues to bring up the integration creation modal.
- In the spaces provided, enter a name for your Appcues integration, and your Appcues account ID. You can find your account ID by following these instructions.
- Select the Amplitude user property you want to map to the Appcues
User IDfield. This property should match the
- When you've finished, click Save.
Sync a cohort
To sync a cohort between Amplitude and Appcues, follow these steps:
- Open your cohort and select the API target to sync to. This should match the pairing you set up in step 4 of the Set up the integration section above.
- Specify the custom field that you want to sync to. Appcues will automatically create this field the first time your sync is run. This should not contain any quote characters.
- Specify whether you want to run a one-time sync, or whether you want the sync to occur on a scheduled basis.
In Appcues, the cohort will appear as a user property. Its name will match the one you provided for the custom field. It will be set to
true if a user is in the cohort at the time of sync, and
false if they’re not.