The Google Ads / Amplitude integration allows you to send audiences from Amplitude to Google Ads to create more personalized campaigns.
Please take the time to review these prerequisites as it provides important information to keep in mind when first using this feature.
- The Google Ads / Amplitude integration is only available for Growth and Enterprise customers
- An understanding of Amplitude Engage and Behavioral Cohorts
- Google Ads Manager Account
- An Amplitude user property that matches what you’re using for your User ID field in Google Ads
How to set it up
1. First, you will need a Google Ads Manager Account.
2. In Amplitude, navigate to ‘Sources and Destinations’ (bottom left corner) -> 'Destinations' -> 'View All Destinations' -> 'Google Ads'.
Note: the integration must be turned on per-project basis.
3. Log into Google and grant Amplitude permission to Manage Your AdWords Campaigns.
4. Set up the fields necessary for Amplitude to construct syncs to Google Ads. There are 3 different possible types of matching in Google Ads, which is referred to as the Upload Key Type:
- Contact Info: This key type consists of matching on email (phone number, first name, last name, country, and zip code are also technically supported but we strongly recommend not passing this information into Amplitude).
- Mobile Advertising ID: This key type is matched on IDFA and AAID mobile device IDs. We do not recommend using Amplitude’s Device ID column since you will experience low matching rates due to Amplitude populating IDFV if it isn’t able to get AAID and IDFA, which you can read more about here.
You will also need to define an App ID if you choose this upload key type. App ID is a string that uniquely identifies a mobile application from which the data was collected. For iOS, the ID string is the 9 digit string that appears at the end of an App Store URL For Android, the ID string is the application's package name. You can define multiple for the same project so you can sync under different apps if needed, and you can select which one you would like to at the time of making the sync.
- CRM ID: This key type matches on advertiser generated and assigned URLs which you will send into Amplitude.
For each of these Upload Key Types, you will have to do matching of fields needed in Google to fields in your Amplitude data.
- Contact Info:
Note: to avoid sending PII into Amplitude we recommend that you hash email addresses with SHA-256 before passing them into Amplitude. Google has some guidelines on the accepted format for emails before they're hashed.
- Mobile Advertising ID:
- CRM ID:
Sync a Cohort
After creating and saving your cohort, click the "Sync to.." button and select Google Ads.
NOTE: If you have just added the integration and do not see Google Ads in the list, you will need to refresh your page in order to see it on the list.
Select the Customer Account you would like to sync to.
If you specified Mobile Advertising ID as the upload key type of your integration in this project, you will also have to select an App ID from the drop down, from the list that you created at integration setup time. If you would like to add another App ID, simply head back to the integration setup page and feel free to add more.
In Google Ads you should see the cohort under Audience Manager, specifically audience lists. It may take Google 6 to 12 hours to populate the sync. Additionally, for privacy purposes, the user list size will show as zero until the list has at least 1,000 members. After that, the size will be rounded to the two most significant digits.