This article will help you:
Amplitude’s Govern feature gives you multiple ways to manage your Amplitude data from within a single interface. Govern gives you the tools to conduct data management at scale, including bulk event approval, blocking, deletion, and un-deletion directly from the user interface.
Before you begin
If you’re an existing Amplitude user, you may be wondering where the various components of the now-deprecated Manage Data panel went. Many of those can now be found within Govern; however, some—like integrations, for example—have been moved to the Sources & Destinations panel instead.
Note: While many integrations can now be found under the Destinations tab, others have been moved to the Sources tab instead, as they behave like data sources and not like destinations.
Understand the Govern interface
You can access the Govern panel—along with Sources & Destinations—from the bottom of the left-hand rail.
To begin, select the project you wish to work in from the project selector drop-down menu at the top of the Govern panel. You can also access your project settings from here.
There are five tabs in the Govern panel: Events, Event Properties, User Properties, Group Properties, and Advanced, each of which provides tools for managing the various data types you'll track with Amplitude.
Use Govern to manage your events and properties
Govern gives you a central location where you can create, edit, manage, block, and delete events, event properties, and user properties. For instructions on how to perform these tasks, just click on the links below.
- Create a custom event from an existing event
- Change an event's category
- Change the activity status for an event
- Change the visibility status for an event or event property
- Hide a property value
- Rename a property value
- Change a user property's visibility status
- Change a user property's data type
- Merge two or more user properties
Block and delete events and properties
- Block and unblock events and event properties
- Block and unblock user properties
- Manage your block list
- Delete and undelete events
- Delete and undelete user properties