This article will help you:
Amplitude makes it easy for you to add and configure new sources for your Amplitude data, as well as set up third-party platforms as data export destinations.
In this article, we'll explain how to set up individual sources and destinations. Keep in mind that each one will have its own unique configuration requirements. Fortunately, our Help Center includes documentation for many of the sources and destinations most commonly used by Amplitude users.
You can access data sources and data destinations from the bottom of the left-hand rail.
Understand the interfaces
The Data Sources panel includes two tabs, Sources and Ingestion Debugger.
The Sources tab shows you a list of the active data sources for a project, the activity status of each source, and the event volume sent from that source in the last 30 days.
The ingestion debugger is a trio of charts showing data for successful requests, events and identify counts, and error requests for the endpoints you specify. You can specify a timeframe of either one hour or one week.
Below the ingestion debugger is the list of throttled users and devices. Here you can see a list of which users and device IDs have been throttled in the last 30 minutes, as well as a list of silenced device IDs.
The Data Destinations panel displays a list of all your connected destinations, as well as all the other destinations available to you that you haven't connected yet. You can view the settings of a connected destination by clicking it in the list.
Add a data source
To add a new data source, follow these steps:
- In the left-hand rail, click Data Sources.
- If you wish to instrument an SDK, click on the one you're interested in. Otherwise, skip to step 6.
- Follow the instructions listed under Install the SDK. Then click Next.
- Use the code snippet provided to send an event. When Amplitude receives it, you'll get a notification in the Listen for Event section.
- Click Finish. Your new data source is now ready.
- To set up a 3rd-part datasource, click I want to import data into Amplitude and choose from the available data sources listed.
Each data source will have different setup requirements. Some will be as straightforward as entering a developer shared secret, while others will more closely resemble setting up an SDK, as described in steps 3 through 5 above.
- When your steps are complete, click Finish. Your new data source is now ready.
Add a destination
NOTE: Customers on Starter plans are limited to the Zendesk Connect destination. To add more destinations, upgrade your plan.
To add a new destination, follow these steps:
- In the left-hand rail, click Data Destinations.
- Select the destination you wish to add from the list and click Next. As with data sources, each destination will have different requirements to complete the setup process.
- If you can't find the destination you need, you can request it by clicking Request a Destination.
For more information on exporting data from Amplitude to third-party platforms, check out our Help Center articles on exporting your Amplitude data.