This article will help you:
Amplitude makes it easy for you to add and configure new sources for your Amplitude data, as well as set up third-party platforms as data export destinations, via the Sources & Destinations feature.
NOTE: Sources & Destinations was formerly a part of Manage Data, which has been deprecated.
In this article, we'll briefly explain the Sources & Destinations interface before describing how to set up individual sources and destinations. Keep in mind that each one will have its own unique configuration requirements. Fortunately, our Help Center includes documentation for many of the sources and destinations most commonly used by Amplitude users.
You can access Sources & Destinations from the bottom of the left-hand rail.
Understand the Sources & Destinations interface
The Sources & Destinations interface is based on the Sources tab and the Destination tab.
The Sources tab shows you a list of the active data sources for a project, the activity status of each source, and the event volume sent from that source in the last 30 days. The Destinations tab displays a list of all your connected destinations, as well as all the other destinations available to you that you haven't connected yet. You can view the settings of a connected destination by clicking it in the list.
You'll also find the ingestion debugger and the throttled users and devices list on the Sources tab. The ingestion debugger is a trio of charts showing data for successful requests, events and identify counts, and error requests for the endpoints you specify. You can specify a timeframe of either one hour or one week.
Below the ingestion debugger is the list of throttled users and devices. Here you can see a list of which users and device IDs have been throttled in the last 30 minutes, as well as a list of silenced device IDs.
Add a data source
To add a new data source, follow these steps:
- From the Sources tab, click + Add Data Source.
- Select the data source you wish to add from the list and click Next. Amplitude will display the setup instructions for that specific data source. These instructions are different for each source.
Add a destination
NOTE: Customers on Starter plans are limited to the Zendesk Connect destination. To add more destinations, upgrade your plan.
To add a new destination, follow these steps:
- From the Destinations tab, click + Add Destination.
- Select the destination you wish to add from the list and click Next. As with data sources, each destination will have different requirements to complete the setup process.
- If you can't find the destination you need, you can request it by clicking Request a Destination.
For more information on exporting data from Amplitude to third-party platforms, check out our Help Center articles on exporting your Amplitude data.