This article will help you:
Planning your events and properties gives structure to your analytics projects. By telling Amplitude in advance what event types, event properties, and user properties it can expect to receive for this project, you're laying the groundwork for an organized project that can scale up easily, with far fewer data management headaches than you'd have if you opted not to plan.
NOTE: Before you can plan your data, you'll have to initialize your Schema.
To begin planning your events and properties, follow these steps:
- From anywhere within the Govern panel, click + Plan Data.
- First, you'll plan events and event properties. Click + Add Event to add a new event. Enter a name and description for your event.
- To add a property for this event, click + Add Property. Enter a name and description, and set the data type by clicking Any and choosing the appropriate type from the list.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until all your events and event properties have been added. Then click Save.
NOTE: You can also add new properties to existing events, under Plan with an existing event.
- Click Next > to advance to user properties.
- To add a user property, click + Add Property. Enter a name and description, and set the data type by clicking Any and choosing the appropriate type from the list. Repeat this step until you've added all the user properties you need. Then click Save.
NOTE: You can edit the name, description, and data type of an existing user property—as well as delete it—under Plan with an existing user property.
- Click Next > to advance to the preview summary.
- Here you'll see a list of all the events and properties you've added or edited. Review it to make sure it's right. If it is, click Save Changes.