This article will help you:
The more complex your analysis, the more difficult it can be to keep track of everything that’s gone into it.
Amplitudes’ Breadcrumbs feature stores every step of your analysis, so you can keep track of it in one place without having to open multiple tabs. Bookmark your chart, add a short note, and Breadcrumbs will put your entire analysis in an easy-to-follow interactive format, which you can share with your team and other stakeholders.
With Breadcrumbs, you can:
- Trace the path you took to get to an insight
- Take notes as you go
- Eliminate the need to retrace your steps before sharing results with the team
- Preserve the context of your analysis, so you can pick up where you left off
Breadcrumbs can be used with any Amplitude chart type.
Breadcrumbs use cases
- Workflow simplification. It’s difficult and time consuming to transfer multiple individual charts and analyses into a notebook at the end of the process. Breadcrumbs simplifies this workflow by allowing you to build the notebook as you go.
- Tracing the evolution of an analysis. Being able to show the evolution of a chart, and how its conclusion was reached, is often crucial to getting buy-in from other stakeholders. Charts that give no clue as to why or how they were created are often ignored. Notebooks can help with this, but Breadcrumbs makes the process even more efficient.
Use Breadcrumbs to add charts to Notebooks
To add a chart to a notebook using Breadcrumbs, follow these steps:
- Open Amplitude and build a chart. Breadcrumbs works with any chart type.
- When your chart is ready, click the icon. Amplitude will open the notebook panel on the right; a thumbnail of your chart will be visible there.
- Amplitude will default to a new Notebook. If you want to add your chart to an existing Notebook instead, click Switch to a different Notebook and select the one you want from the drop-down list.
- In the thumbnail, click on the title to edit it for the Notebook (doing so will also change the title of your main chart).
- To add a note to accompany the chart in the Notebook, click Add Note.
- To add an existing chart to this Notebook, click Add Saved Chart and select it from the list.
- To view and share the notebook, click the icon. The Notebook view will open; you can now share it with other team members by clicking Share. You can return to the Breadcrumb view via the Notebook toolbar.