Amplitude’s MoEngage integration allows you to send hyper-targeted behavioral audiences from Amplitude to MoEngage, which you can then use to drive precisely tailored email, SMS, push, and in-product messaging.
Before you begin
- This integration is only available for Growth and Enterprise customers.
- To use this integration, you will need a MoEngage account, an understanding of Amplitude Recommend and behavioral cohorts, and an Amplitude user property that matches what you’re using for your User ID field in MoEngage.
To set up this integration, follow these steps:
- In Amplitude, navigate to Sources & Destinations --> Destinations and click the MoEngage destination. The integration creation modal will appear.
- Enter a name for your integration in the Name field.
- Login to your MoEngage dashboard and navigate to Settings -> API Settings. Find the App ID and Secret Key as shown below; then, return to Amplitude and enter each into the appropriate fields.
- Next, map your primary and secondary attributes. Your primary attribute will be user ID. Make sure the unique user ID is the same in both Amplitude and MoEngage. Your secondary attribute can be any user attribute that is the same in both Amplitude and MoEngage. The integration will use this secondary attribute to map anonymous users between the two platforms.
Sync a cohort
To sync an Amplitude cohort to MoEngage using this integration, follow these steps:
- Open a cohort in Amplitude. From the Sync To … drop-down list, select MoEngage.
- Select the API target to the connection you set up earlier.
- Select the sync frequency you need: one-time, hourly, or daily.
- Click Save Sync to complete the process.
In MoEngage, you will see this cohort displayed as a custom segment with the name [Amplitude][Cohort Name].