This article will help you:
With Amplitude’s Split integration, you can export your Amplitude cohorts and use them as segmentation and targeting criteria in Split. From there you can create splits or feature flags for specific segments of users defined by your Amplitude data.
This article will explain how to set up and use the integration to export Amplitude cohorts into Split.
NOTE: If you’re looking to import Split data into Amplitude as a source, please see this article instead.
Set up your integration
To set up the integration, you'll need to collect some information from inside your Split dashboard first. To do so, follow these steps:
- From your Split dashboard, select your account of choice and click Admin Settings.
- From within admin settings, navigate to the API Keys tab and click Add API Key. Make sure to set the key type to Admin. Once created, copy the key.
- Next, you'll have to specify the workspace to which you'd like to export your Amplitude cohorts. Click Workspaces from the left-hand sidebar and copy the workspace ID.
- Next, click View for the workspace you selected in step 2. From inside that workspace, select the Environments tab, and copy the appropriate environment ID.
- Select the Traffic Type tab and copy the traffic type id.
- In your Amplitude dashboard, navigate to Sources & Destinations → Destinations and click the Split destination.
- In the Connect to Split modal, enter the following information you collected from Split in the previous steps:
- The access token (API Key)
- Workspace ID
- Environment ID
- Traffic type ID
Be sure to specify the user identifier Amplitude will use to sync with Split as well.
NOTE: You must make sure to choose a matching identifier in Amplitude and Split. This is often
userID. If they don’t match, the integration will not work.
Export cohorts into Split
Once Split is connected to Amplitude, you can sync any Amplitude cohort to it. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the cohort you want to export. Click Sync To, and choose Split from the drop-down list.
- In the modal that appears, choose the Split destination you've already configured.
- Select the sync frequency you need: one-time, hourly, daily.
- Click Save Sync to complete the process.
NOTE: The Split integration can currently only support ingestion of cohorts with fewer than 100,000 users.
Once the cohort is synced to Split, it will appear in your respective Split workspace in the Segments section. You can then use this segment for targeting rules in feature flags and splits you set up in Split.