Within Govern, you can view and manage event types, event properties, and user properties piece by piece, but you may want to see a holistic view of your entire Schema and make bulk changes to the Schema instead.
Amplitude lets you export and import your Schema via CSV to plan new events and properties, edit categories and descriptions, and bulk approve or block unexpected events and properties.
NOTE: Bulk editing your schema is only available for organizations who have purchased the Govern Add-on (formerly known as Taxonomy). You must be a manager or admin to make changes to the Schema.
Import or export the Schema
You can import and export your Schema by clicking on the download and upload icons at the top right of the page. This will allow you to make bulk changes to descriptions and categories.
You can also plan new event data via a CSV upload. To do so, download the schema, add the new events, and upload the schema again.
Bulk approve or block events and properties
To bulk approve or block events or properties, download your Schema via CSV, modify the Event and Property Schema Status columns, and then upload the modified CSV file.
To complete a bulk approval or block, follow these steps:
1. Download the taxonomy CSV.
2. Locate the Event Schema Status or Property Schema Status column. The available statuses are unexpected, added and blocked.
- To approve the event or property, change this column to added.
- To block an event or property, change this column to blocked.
- To approve an unexpected event but only approve some of the event properties, you would change Event Schema Status to added, and then set each Property Schema Status to either added or blocked.
3. Upon uploading the new schema, you will see a preview of the changes. Click Publish Changes to commit these changes.