This article will help you:
Amplitude supports two types of syncs for computations, properties, cohorts, and recommendations: on-demand and automated. On-demand syncs are ad-hoc, one-time syncs, useful for audience testing and one-off campaigns. Automated syncs are scheduled on a daily or hourly cadence—so as your cohort audience membership changes, or the underlying predicted probabilities of the user change, Amplitude will automatically adjust their cohort membership in connected destinations as well.
No more CSV downloads or manual syncs required—whenever your users take an action in your app, they’ll be automatically synced to your respective ad, email, or testing platform.
Create a new sync
To create a new sync, follow these steps:
- Click + New and click the Sync tile. The Create New Sync modal appears.
- Select the sync type you’d like to create—cohort, recommendation, user property, or computation sync—and click Next.
- From the drop-down list, select the specific item you want to sync. Then click Next.
- Choose the type of sync you want to set up. For a cohort, available sync types are ad, email, experiment, and data. For user properties and computations, you can set up email or data syncs. Recommendations are compatible with data syncs only.
- Next, choose the destination you’d like to sync to. If the desired destination does not appear, click + Add or Manage Destinations and set up the desired destination there. Then click Next.
- Choose whether this will be a one-time sync or a recurring sync. If the latter, be sure to specify whether it should be an hourly or daily sync.
Also, depending on your choice in step 5, you may need to specify a customer account or API target to sync to.
- Click Sync. Your sync is now active.
View sync details
Once your sync has been created, you can view all the sync's critical details by clicking History, next to the sync's name.
Here you can quickly see the sync's type, the most recent segment of the sync's log, and a list of any errors it may have encountered. Whenever you experience a sync error, this is the first place you should look.