If your company was not automatically migrated to Amplitude Data because your tracking plan was too large (more than 20,000 event properties) or you use the Taxonomy, Portfolio, or Accounts PLEs, you can manually opt in to Amplitude Data on a project-by-project basis.
Opting in will create a project in Amplitude Data that maps to the original project in Amplitude Analytics. This will move your events, properties, transformations, custom events, sources and destinations configurations for this Amplitude Analytics project into Amplitude Data. You will no longer be able to manage this from the Amplitude Analytics interface; instead, you will do so in Amplitude Data.
This will not affect any of your data stored in Amplitude, and the process is easily reversible.
Before you begin
- Amplitude Data is still in beta, which means you may occasionally encounter bugs or challenges with the user interface
- Taxonomy, Portfolios and Accounts PLEs are not available in Amplitude Data
- Customers with especially large tracking plan may experience performance issues in Amplitude Data
Opt in to Amplitude Data
To opt in to Amplitude Data, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Amplitude Data via the product switcher, or go to data.amplitude.com (or data.eu.amplitude.com if you are in Europe).
- In the welcome screen, select the projects you want to migrate to Amplitude Data (or simply choose All projects) and click Opt In.
Opt out of Amplitude Data
To reverse the process and return to using Govern 1.0 to manage your schema for one or more Amplitude Data projects, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Amplitude Data > Settings.
- In the General tab, scroll down until you see Opt Out and Opt Out All Projects. Click Opt Out to opt out of the selected project only, or click Opt Out All Projects to opt out of all your Amplitude Data projects.